It is a new year and there is no shortage of fitness goals made every new year. We called our friends at Anytime Fitness to get tips that will help you stick with the workouts to achieve your goals. Thanks to Vinny Borriello and the Anytime Fitness Team!
Tim Byrd The Byrdman – Publisher – Palm Beach Live Work Play
5 Ways to Make Your Workouts Work
1) Make short term milestone goals – Instead of only setting a big, long term goal (“I want to lose 30 pounds!”), don’t be afraid to start small. Set goals such as “I want to exercise 3 times per week”, or “I want to be able to run for 2 miles”
2) Find a workout buddy – keeping yourself motivated isn’t always easy, but if you can team up with a workout partner, it can’t help you make sure you make it to the gym, and have a little more incentive to stay focused, and have more fun while you’re at it!
3) Don’t Worry About the Scale – Focusing only on weight loss can be misleading. You could be making great strides in improving your strength, endurance and overall health even if the number on the scale doesn’t dramatically change – you’ll be gaining muscle while burning fat. Instead, measure your progress by how your clothes fit – remember when those jeans were a little tight? They fit much better now – that’s progress!
4) Put Exercise On the Calendar – The best way to make sure you make time to workout is to make it part of your schedule – carve out time in the morning before work, or during your lunch break, and block it off on your calendar, with a reminder. Before you know it, workout will be part of your regular routine.
5) Have Fun! Above all, the best way to ensure that you stick to your fitness plan is to enjoy the workouts! Do you like to be outdoors? Then go for a morning run. Enjoy a group social setting? Try a class! Mix up your workouts – try strength equipment, cardio equipment, free weights – not only does the variety challenge your body, but it keeps your mind from being bored!
If you’re looking for a fitness facility to help you make your workouts work, try Anytime Fitness. You can workout out anytime – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They have a full range of state of the art equipment, including cardio, strength, free weights, and functional training, such as TRX, battle ropes and the new Tire Flip 180.
There are free boot camp classes three times a week, and a team of personal trainers available to work with you to help you achieve your goals. You can also get customized workouts delivered right to your phone with their mobile app. Mention code BYRDMAN to receive 50% off the enrollment fee and get a free personal training session. Call (561) 508-9393, ask for Vinny or visit anytimefitness.com
West Palm Beach, FL